W/O II A.A. Jepson

Discussions related to researching soldiers of the second world war.
IgorColin
Adjunct
Adjunct
Commendations: 0

W/O II A.A. Jepson

Post by IgorColin » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:42 am

For my research to 635 Sqdn Lancaster ND819, F2-M shotdown 21/22 May 1944 over Luijksgestel I would like to track down the relatives of Miduppergunner Arthur Alan Jepson. This Lanc and her crew took off 22.49Hrs from Downham Market for a raid on Duisburg. On their way returned to base and over Holland the lancaster was intercepted by a german nightfighter and crashed around 01.45Hrs near Luijksgestel close to the Dutch/Belgian border. I am in touch with the Son of F/Sgt Philip Tweedy who was the Flight engineer. My intention is to get in touch with all the crew relatives. W/O A.A.Jepson is buried at first stage Eindhoven (Woensel) general cemetery and after the war re-entered at Groesbeek, Canadian War cemetery.

Thank you very much for your attention,
Adrian van Zantvoort

Temujin
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 138

Re: W/O II A.A. Jepson

Post by Temujin » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:12 am

IgorColin wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:42 am
For my research to 635 Sqdn Lancaster ND819, F2-M shotdown 21/22 May 1944 over Luijksgestel I would like to track down the relatives of Miduppergunner Arthur Alan Jepson. This Lanc and her crew took off 22.49Hrs from Downham Market for a raid on Duisburg. On their way returned to base and over Holland the lancaster was intercepted by a german nightfighter and crashed around 01.45Hrs near Luijksgestel close to the Dutch/Belgian border. I am in touch with the Son of F/Sgt Philip Tweedy who was the Flight engineer. My intention is to get in touch with all the crew relatives. W/O A.A.Jepson is buried at first stage Eindhoven (Woensel) general cemetery and after the war re-entered at Groesbeek, Canadian War cemetery.

Thank you very much for your attention,
Adrian van Zantvoort
Adrian, as you can see I post “a lot” on this site helping people. When you posted the above, I immediately KNEW this name, but had to do a little research to find out WHY I knew this name.

This person was related thru my “step daughters” grandfather. He is the 1st cousin 1x removed of wife of uncle (to my step-daughter).

So I had researched him before and add all his military records to my step-daughter’s family tree in Ancestry. He is NOT related to my step-daughter by “blood”, but thru the marriage of os Mary Bird to her grandfather

It’s confusing I know..but needless to say, she is related to him, and possibly I’ll be able to give you more information on his family

I’ll start checking now

Temujin
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 138

Post by Temujin » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:16 am

A quick look shows that his mother and father are deceased, and his sister and his brother are also deceased. I have NOT done any further research on his family as he was a “blood” relation to my step-daughter…….but I’ll see if I can find any children of the family and if any are possibly alive??

Sorry, best I can do

LOOKing thru my step daughters family tree and I see that YOU and I have already connected on this file and shared a lot of info.

I have checked, Arthur Jepson had a Sister and a Brother, both passed away. His sister was married but did not have any children, his brother was also married, and had ONE son (in 1959) but unfortunately he is also passed away in 2008……so as far as I can see their is no immediate family alive……..their may be Aunts and Uncles but I have not done any research on them to see if anyone is still alive (or 1st of second cousins).

IgorColin
Adjunct
Adjunct
Commendations: 0

Post by IgorColin » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:59 am

Thank you so much for asking around and do some research to track down his family or distant family. Do you know where his parents, Sister and Brother are buried?? Fingers crossed and I hope you have luck to find some one. Maybe a newspaper article from the region where the family came from will of much help???

Cheers,
Adrian