Temujin

Take a minute to introduce yourself and let us know what brought you here.
Temujin
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 137

Temujin

Post by Temujin » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:30 pm

First, before I introduce myself, I want to say “Congratulations” and “Great Work” on this brand new site Phil. I can’t believe how fast you’ve got this up and running within a few days of deciding to proceed. And the site is great, fantasitic photos, and links to various resources.

Many of you who use “military websites” will know me (or of me). I have been a “regular” on the Canada at War site, and have contributed here and there at ww2talk.com, CEFSG sites and forums, www.6juin1944.com and Les ponts à Caen. I appologize if you see the same work that I may have posted on those sites, as I help people on this site. I believe you can’t have enough “sources” about information on the internet.

My main goal.......to help as many people as I can, find more info about their relatives, who may have served with the Canadian Forces in any conflict, or ANY country. I’ve helped people with Canadian, US, English, Australian searches, just to name a few.

I hope to add my assistance to this site, and continue helping everyone find the information they would like.

I also try to answer as many “military” questions, and supply information as I can. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll point you to the resource, or the member that can help, better than I.

My personal background

I spent 16 years in the Canadian Military, joining as a “Sapper” (Private) and rising thru the ranks to Warrant Officer. I was then Commissioned From the Ranks, as a Lieutenant, in the Engineers.

After retiring from the CF, I joined the Canadian Public Service, and rose thru their ranks to Executive Level. My last position being Regional Director, Assest & Procurement Management, RCMP Pacific Region. I “finally” retired from this position after 17 years.

Now, fully retired, I try to help people on sites like this. My background has given me the knowledge of “how the military works” and “how government works”......so I’m able to research and look for documents that the “genealogy researcher” may not think to look. Also, after doing this for 7 years, I’ve built up a large (about 70 Gb) of data on my computer that helps me answer the questions and do the research.

I look forward to continuing my “retired pastime” on this site........SO BRING ON THE REQUESTS, I’M HERE TO HELP

Cheers and WELCOME to the site

Phil
Founder
Founder
Commendations: 31

Re: Temujin

Post by Phil » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks Temujin! You've helped me with research in the past, in some ways inspired this very site -- great to have you aboard!
Phil

WARTIMES.ca
Please consider Donating in order to ensure the continued availability, maintenance and growth of WARTIMES.ca.

georgetanksherman
Meritorious
Meritorious
Commendations: 19

Re: Temujin

Post by georgetanksherman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Greetings Temujin, Thanks for the invite, and Thanks for the Help and Assistance !